As an associate in KJK’s Student & Athlete Defense Practice Group, Tom assists the team in the defense and counsel of students and professors facing Title IX and other allegations related to campus misconduct. His experience as a former student athlete playing Division III football provides a unique perspective to his practice. Tom has experience in matters related to commercial litigation and consumer financial services litigation in both state and federal courts. Additionally, Tom is a Certified Information Privacy Professional for the Private Sector in the United States (CIPP/US), and has experience representing clients in matters related to cybersecurity breaches.
Tom holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in political science from Hiram College, where he was a student scholar for the President James A. Garfield Institute for Public Leadership, and a law degree from Cleveland State University’s Cleveland-Marshall College of Law. Tom is a member of the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association’s Young Lawyers Section and the American Bar Association, as well as the International Association of Privacy Professionals.
Tom has been a volunteer youth basketball coach at St. Charles Catholic Church in Parma since 2013. He also volunteers with Night to Shine, an annual event sponsored by the Tim Tebow Foundation, which provides a prom night experience to people 14 and older with special needs.
- Hiram College, B.A., Political Science with History minor, 2013
- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, Cleveland State University, J.D., 2017
- Saint Charles Catholic Youth Organization Boys Basketball, 2013-present
- Volunteer Coach
- Night to Shine, Tim Tebow Foundation, 2018-2019
- American Bar Association
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section
- International Association of Privacy Professionals
- State of Ohio
- Northern District of Ohio
- Southern District of Ohio
- “Old Law, New Threats: Applying Aging Legal Remedies to Cyber Attacks” in Attorney at Law Magazine, https://attorneyatlawmagazine.com/applying-legal-remedies-cyberattacks
- “‘Your Honor, We Next Call to the Stand in Taiwan … ‘: Videoconferencing & the Confrontation Clause.” in Attorney at Law Magazine, Volume 2, Number 7.