On July 12, 2022, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) released its most recent guidance to employers regarding COVID-19 procedures. At a time when COVID-19 cases continue to rise due to highly transmissible Omicron variants, the EEOC acknowledged that...
OVERVIEW & EXPERIENCE
With a strong commitment to excellence and a passion for problem-solving, TJ Hunt is a skilled associate in KJK’s litigation practice group.
Prior to law school, TJ completed his undergraduate studies at Miami University, where he earned a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science with minors in Business Legal Studies as well as Management and Leadership. During his time at Miami, TJ served as the President and Co-Founder of “Never Walk Alone,” a student organization focused on ending the stigma behind mental health.
TJ earned his Juris Doctorate, magna cum laude, from Cleveland State University College of Law, where he excelled as Chief Managing Editor at the Cleveland State Law Review, Vice President of the Entertainment and Sports Law Association, and an active member of the Catholic Lawyers Guild. He also served as a peer tutor in various legal subjects, including constitutional law, corporations, and civil procedure.
His legal experience includes serving as a Judicial Extern for both the Honorable Chief Judge Patricia A. Gaughan at the U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio and the Honorable Judge William T. McGinty at the Cuyahoga County Common Pleas Court. Additionally, he has worked as a Law Clerk at a boutique law firm in Northeast Ohio and as a Summer Associate at KJK.
Outside of the office, TJ enjoys attending live music and sporting events. He also prefers spending his free time on the golf course in the summer and skiing on the mountains of New York and Colorado in the winter.
AWARDS & PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Cybercrime, 2022
- Cleveland State Law Review Editor of the Year Award, 2023
- Cleveland State Law Review Best Student Note Award, 2022
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
BAR / COURT ADMISSIONS
- Never Walk Alone, Miami University, 2018 – 2020
- Co-Founder and President
- Cleveland State University College of Law
- Cleveland State Law Review, Chief Managing Editor, 2023
- Entertainment and Sports Law Association, Vice President 2021 – 2023
- Catholic Lawyers Guild, Member
PRESENTATIONS & PUBLICATIONS
- Increasing Competition in Live Music: The Case for Better Enforcement of the Live Nation Entertainment Consent Decree, 71 Clev. St. L. Rev. 269 (2022)