Forming a new fund or finding ways to capitalize an existing one can create unique challenges requiring diverse knowledge. Whether you are considering forming a fund, continuing a fund’s ongoing operation or finding financial strategies to boost your business, you need an experienced attorney to partner with, like those at KJK. Our fund formation attorneys have significant experience when it comes to advising clients on regulations and relevant securities law, as well as ongoing obligations pertaining to private equity funds, venture capital funds and hedge funds.
Our attorneys stay with you from a fund’s formation – whether it’s leveraged buyout funds, hedge funds or one of the many other options – all the way through to its ongoing operation and governance. We also understand the mechanics and implementation of the private placements necessary to form and capitalize funds, and with the recapitalization of business by funds.
Our multidisciplinary team guides you through the wide range of issues involved, including corporate finance, securities, real estate and tax, to ensure you receive the all-encompassing representation you need. You can count on KJK’s fund formation attorneys to devise beneficial strategies to fund and protect your business.
Turn-Key Fund Formation
The experienced fund formation lawyers at KJK are here to advise you on the formation and structuring of the best fund for you and your business. We also guide you through the regulations and taxation issues with each option. In addition, once you form your fund, our lawyers represent the fund as it invests its capital.
From complex regulatory requirements to unique business challenges, building a private equity fund is complicated. While a private equity fund can be advantageous to your business, you can face regulatory challenges if you don’t structure it correctly and monitor it closely. Our experienced legal team helps you cut through the red tape.
KJK offers a comprehensive legal, design, and project management team to work on your Turn-Key Fund formation. Our team can develop all necessary legal documentation, targeted websites, and investor package flipbooks to aid in your fundraising. In addition, our services include all required entity formations, securities filings, and trademark registrations.
KJK’s fund formation package offers the following:
- Bad Actor Questionnaire
- EINs for GP/LP entities
- Fund LP Agreement (initial and amended)
- GP Operating Agreement
- Management Agreement
- Private Placement Memorandum
- Registration of GP/LP entities with Secretary of State
- Review of Placement Agent Agreement
- Subscription Booklet (includes Investor Questionnaire)
Investor Package production with Flipbook
- Final digital file of flipbook provided as well as native file sent over
- Three (3) rounds of revisions for style creation of flipbook
- Flipbook layout for printing
- Package folder design
- Professional layout of legal documents for printing/binding
Security Filings for your Fund
- File Form ID, obtain Edgar codes
- File Form ID
- File state blue sky notice filings
- Brand collateral, including: business card template, Word letterhead template and email signature line designations
- Includes discovery, initial design, color exploration, creative direction and three (3) rounds of edits
- Trademark filing/registration of logo
- Front-end design and build from template
- Stock imagery available
- Three (3) rounds of live, creative revisions
- Two (2) rounds of sitemap reviews with basic wireframe layout of proposed pages
Focused on Business:
What Makes KJK a great choice for Clients
KJK’s Corporate & Securities practice attorneys focus on the entire lifecycle of your business, advising you on every aspect necessary for creating the business and maintaining its success.
What we do
We can help design, develop and serve as legal counsel for all of the following:
- Buyout funds, to help family offices and other wealth investors find companies to purchase.
- Venture capital funds, to provide debt or equity financing to new or smaller companies with growth potential.
- Hedge funds, to invest funds across many asset classes.
- Real estate funds, to serve as a diversified investment vehicle.
- Captive Funds, to manage targeted investments for a single group or parent company.
- Recapitalizations, to decrease the amount of debt, lower interest payments to creditors and reduce taxes.
KJK works with a variety of businesses to meet their funding needs. A few of these include:
- Representing a client in the formation of a bridge to permanent debt fund for capital restructuring, lending and deal transactions in the multifamily property and commercial real estate industries
- Advising a client in connection with developing a fund to invest native American capital in professional sports and ancillary opportunities
- Advising a private equity group with a $22 million leveraged recapitalization of a consumer products company.
- Forming and providing legal representation for a $25 million fund and a follow-on $50 million fund that invests in middle market wholesale distribution and logistics organizations.
- Advising a private equity fund that specializes in distribution companies with the $16 million sale of a medical products supplier.
Get in TOuch:
Get the funding you need with KJK
Whether you’re looking for ways to form a private equity fund or want to capitalize or recapitalize your business, there are many options available. To learn more about what the fund formation attorneys at KJK can do for your business, call us to schedule a consultation.