Kohrman | Jackson | Krantz
Diversity & Inclusion Commitment
KJK’s commitment to diversity and inclusion goes beyond a program or trend; it’s a commitment to our professionals and our clients. Dedication to diversity helps attract and retain talented employees, enhances our relationships with clients and expands the firm’s market share. KJK is dedicated to promoting an environment in which differences are respected, employees are treated fairly and individual skills and talents are valued.
KJK is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, mental or physical handicap, pregnancy, military status, veteran status, political beliefs or other irrelevant factor. This policy governs all aspects of employment including hiring, assignments, promotions, discharges and other terms and conditions of employment.
Gender Equality Commitment
KJK believes in developing and promoting female talent and strives to attract the best and brightest women to the firm. While the legal industry has a long way to go, KJK is proud of its commitment to gender diversity, both within our team of attorneys and staff. KJK’s Women’s Initiative aims to foster the career development and promote the advancement of women lawyers and professionals in the firm. We believe in empowering our women lawyers and professionals to build path-breaking legal careers. Their successes, in turn, benefit the firm, our clients, the profession and our communities.
Working At KJK
At KJK, our team of attorneys and professionals is our most valuable asset. KJK maintains a sophisticated legal practice combined with a unique, small-firm environment emphasizing collegiality and cooperation without the rigid hierarchy present at many firms.
KJK knows that our continued success is dependent upon our ability to attract and retain high quality legal talent, and we have succeeded in creating a rewarding and flexible atmosphere for lawyers and for the invaluable professional staff who assist us in serving our clients. We place a high priority on and actively encourage independent growth and professional development in every member of the KJK team. We also believe it is important to give back to the community, and actively support our attorneys in pro-bono activities and all of our team’s volunteer efforts for charitable institutions of their choice.
Opportunities exist for both new and experienced lawyers who exhibit the intellect and creativity our clients demand, as well as for paralegals and professional staff who can meet the demands of a challenging and rewarding legal practice. We are always looking for people with the right formula for success. If you are a team-oriented, ambitious individual interested in working in a fast-paced, challenging environment, please view our current openings in each section below and submit your resume.
In addition to the current opportunities, KJK is always seeking qualified and experienced candidates who would fit our long-term strategic plan and atmosphere. Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time to inquire about the possibility of joining the KJK team.
Current Lateral Opportunities:
Attorney Position Openings
We look for bright, creative, ambitious lawyers to meet the needs of our clients. At KJK, each associate and partner is a key member of the KJK team, and we are committed to providing our lawyers with the opportunities they need to develop their skills and grow their practices. At KJK, you will find a collegial environment, which fosters collaboration and relationship building, along with a longstanding commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Labor & Employment Partner
Kohrman Jackson & Krantz is seeking a Labor & Employment Partner. The ideal candidate must have:
- 7 or more years of experience representing companies in state and federal employment matters, including discrimination lawsuits and/or arbitrations, Fair Labor Standards Act claims and non-compete disputes.
- Proven track record of providing advice and counsel to companies concerning labor and employment law matters, drafting employment policies, conducting workplace training and engaging in thought leadership regarding new and changing laws impacting employers and employees.
- A portable book of business is preferred but not required.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills.
Corporate & Securities Partner
KJK is looking for a Partner level candidate to join our Corporate & Securities Practice Group. Our Corporate & Securities Practice Group assists clients on the entire life cycle of their businesses, from formation and capitalization of start-up companies, day-to-day business needs, private equity funds and fundless sponsors, venture capital transactions, mergers and acquisitions, restructurings and recapitalizations to succession planning for closely held businesses. We also provide public and private securities advice and advise clients on securities offerings, filings and private placements.
We work together with our clients, listening to their needs and advising them on the best business solutions to accomplish their goals. We assist our clients with all aspects of their day-to-day business that require legal attention, including counseling them as to their corporate governance and structure, preparing employment agreements, advising shareholders in buy-sell agreements and disputes, negotiating contracts with customers, suppliers and distributors, preparing confidentiality agreements, counseling on executive compensation matters and dealing with government agencies on regulatory matters.
- Transactional – Handle transactions with limited oversight or assistance by the assigning partner, depending on experience level
- Client Management – Communicate with clients to commence an engagement, keep the matter moving forward on a timely basis and make certain that the efforts of the firm’s support staff are in tune with the client’s needs
- Third Party Contact – Communicate with financial advisors, insurance agents and companies, accountants and other members of the client’s “team” when authorized to do so by the client as may be necessary to complete the engagement
- Draft Documents – Prepare drafting instructions for the support staff or prepare the initial draft of documents (if the matter is complex)
- Marketing – Participate in firm’s marketing activities, including public speaking engagements, writing articles and blogs, leading CLE seminars and other activities
- J.D. Degree
- 8+ years of relevant work experience in either a law firm or corporate legal environment handling broad corporate / business transactional matters. Experience in private securities is required
- Experience with private placements, ideally including fund experience, both federal and state compliance
- Experience with equity compensation plans
- Experience with Crowdfunding and/or Regulation A is preferred but not required
- Experience with basic public securities, including ownership reporting is preferred but not required
- Excellent communications skills – both oral and written
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- An entrepreneurial mindset with outstanding organizational and leadership skills
- Highly organized, acute attention to detail and ability to operate with an action orientation in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment
- Sense of urgency, ambition and drive/commitment
- Ability to anticipate client needs with a forward-thinking and solutions-oriented approach at all times
- A transferrable book of business is preferred but not required
Professional Staff Openings
At KJK, our lawyers and clients rely on our professional staff for information, technical assistance and support. We not only understand the valuable role that staff plays in our firm but actively and intentionally encourage their participation and ideas. As it takes a tremendous amount of coordination and communication to function in today’s legal environment, KJK believes that every member of the firm contributes to our success. We value initiative, creativity, hard work, teamwork and the collegial, professional relationships they produce. We know how to turn your experiences, goals, determination and attitude into a successful career.
There are no available openings at this time. Check back for future opportunities.
Looking for a summer internship?
KJK’s Summer Associate Program
Our summer associate program is an essential component of KJK’s hiring process. Each summer associate is assigned an associate mentor. The mentor and summer associate interact closely throughout the summer. Projects are assigned based on a summer associate’s expressed areas of interest and to provide exposure to a wide variety of work. In addition, assignments are coordinated by a partner who ensures that each summer associate receives a mix of projects from attorneys in each of the firm’s practice groups. The summer associate works directly with the assigning senior associate or partner and receives substantive feedback from the assigning attorney. We don’t create projects for our summer associates: assignments reflect the type of work that a new attorney would perform as a first or second-year associate at our firm.
Our summer associates are encouraged to attend monthly practice group meetings and are often invited to bar association events, client meetings, negotiation and drafting sessions, depositions, trials, pre-trials and other events. Our summer program is a unique opportunity for the right student, not only to learn from the inside out about our varied and challenging legal practice, but to forge what we hope will be a rewarding and long-lived relationship.