Commercial Finance & Banking Attorneys
Commercial Banking & Finance
We work collaboratively with other KJK attorneys in healthcare, manufacturing, tax and real estate to provide complex and sophisticated advice necessary throughout the life of a loan. And when the needs arise, our attorneys have the capability to collaboratively engage in work-out and distressed asset deals, often navigating our clients, whether lenders or borrowers, through the dual-track of work-out deals and litigation. Our attorneys are well-versed in complex debt and capital structures.
We have analyzed, negotiated and documented all aspects of finance transactions, including conduit loans (CMBS), asset-based financing, floor plan financing, structured and leveraged financing, real estate financing, multiple tranche debt, intercreditor agreements, healthcare financing, bridge loans, letter of credit facilities and rate swaps.
- Representing secured and unsecured convertible note holders in their investments in an early growth stage zero emission vehicle manufacturer
- Advising a senior lender in a stand-by bond purchase agreement and related unsecured revolving credit facility to finance a private higher education facility
- Negotiating complex subordination agreements and intercreditor agreements involving secured and unsecured parties in multi-tiered tranches of debt
Banking and Financial Institutions
- Advising a financial institution in an $11 million dollar credit facility to the acquirer of a manufacturer of commercial baking supplies
- Advising a national bank in a $23 million multi-credit facility provided to a manufacturer of automated packaging systems
- Representing a national banking institution in connection with a forbearance agreement, deed-in-lieu and receivership of a distressed apartment complex
- Representing a California-based private equity fund with the $40 million refinancing of a portfolio company, including a $17 million dividend recapitalization
- Representing the State of Ohio in a variety of Chapter 166 economic development loans
- Advising a publicly held manufacturer with net sales in excess of $200 million and businesses located in the United States and abroad in connection with all of its financing needs
- Advising a leading provider of airport ground handling services to the air cargo industry in a $25 million financing
- Representing a privately held beverage distributor in negotiating for a $100 million bank financing
- Assisting medical professionals in a note participation financing transaction providing unsecured capital to facilitate the permanent refinancing of a medical building
- Counseling a national retailer of consumer fireworks in the reformation of a syndicated bank group valued at $70 million and the raising of $10 million in related mezzanine junior secured debt
- Counseling a privately held plastics company in the workout of defaults under loan agreements for $33 million of senior and subordinated debt
Total Deals Closed
Years of Experience
2019 Financing Deal Flow
Commercial Banking & Finance
Read Our Blog
Though the Ohio Budget was signed into law on Thursday, July 1, 2021, Gov. Mike DeWine used his line-item veto power to eliminate several provisions that impact Ohio businesses, particularly for bars and restaurants that violated COVID-19 related restrictions. Here...
Sports betting is on the horizon in Ohio with the state House of Representatives and Senate passing multiple bill iterations back and forth. Ohio won’t see anything come to fruition in the immediate future, but passing this year looks to be inevitable. A 2018 U.S....
The Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) requires, among other things, that places of “public accommodation” be reasonably accessible to the disabled. For “physical” locations, this can mean things like braille menus, wheelchair ramps, or wider doors. But when the...