Start-Up Legal Services
- Entity Formation and Agent Services
- Governance Model Development and Implementation
- Founder Agreements and Support
- Capitalization Structures and Strategies
- Day-to-Day General Corporate Governance
- Conflict of Interest Policy and Support
- Private investment transaction design and support
- Securities law compliance
- Incentive Compensation Structures
- Technology & Intellectual Property Cultivation, Protection and Commercialization
- Invention review and strategic support
- Brand Development and Enforcement
- Creative Capital formation strategies, including non-dilutive, grants and equity investments
- Board and Investor Advice
- Commercial Contracting and Procurement
- Manufacturing and Distribution Support
- Employment Support and Policies
- Business taxation, public incentives and opportunity zones
Customer Services for Emerging Companies:
WHAT WE DO
ENTITY STRUCTURE & GOVERNANCE
KJK’s attorneys advise on optimal affiliate and holding company structures, prepare formation and governance documents and ensure that all of your required corporate formalities are maintained.
Fundraising & Securities Compliance
From pre-seed to mature companies, KJK’s Start-Up & Capitalization attorneys guide clients through financing rounds, including preparing and negotiating investor term sheets, preparing subscription documents and agreements for equity, debt, convertible debt and SAFE investments.
Start-ups that take advantage of KJK’s GC Program are able to access unlimited advice on matters like intellectual property, contracting and employment matters, including executive incentive plans and HR policies for a monthly flat fee.
Get to Know the Start-Ups & Capitalization Team:Attorney Spotlight
As KJK’s managing partner, Jon’s natural leadership abilities and business savvy nature have aided him in becoming a trusted advisor and advantageous negotiator for emerging companies. Drawing upon deep experience in real estate development, construction and property management, Jon manages projects that help businesses and communities thrive. With a sophisticated wealth and risk management practice, he assists clients with ease through various financial rounds, helping them to mitigate risk and create blueprints for growth.
Working to protect a company’s technological and brand assets through the establishment of comprehensive intellectual property strategies, Ted has asserted himself as a leader in the field of early stage innovation. Ted counsels clients across a wide range of technological domains, including life sciences, telecommunications, IT, alternative energy, and advanced materials, in both legal and business issues. As Chair of KJK’s IP & Technology Practice Group, Ted assists clients as they navigate the complexities of starting a business and working toward investment, providing them with the real-time help and insight they need in order to compete and thrive in the years to come.
Beyond Legal Services:
KJK’s Start-Up Programs are designed for entrepreneurs who need cost certainty as they build their business. Learn more about how we can help you with your start up endeavors, from formation to funding, and everything in between.
KJK IP Management
Intellectual Property is both an asset and a tool for building value in your company. We can help you assess, cultivate, and protect the potential of your core technology, brand, and product & service offerings through patent, trademark, copyright, and trade secret protection: identifying creative and cost-effective strategies that are compatible with your business objectives.
Entity Formation Services
Our corporate attorneys use their experience to guide you through the entity selection process, form your entity with the applicable government body and prepare your initial formation and governance documents.
Start Ups & Capitalization
Ted C. Thefrastous
Jon J. Pinney
Steven C. Bersicker
Christopher J. Hubbert
Scott A. Norcross
Demetrius J. Robinson
Stephanie P. Balla
Andrew J. Wilber