SEC Approves New Rules Impacting Investment Advisers and Funds On Wednesday, August 23, 2023, the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) voted 3-2 along party lines to approve new rules and rule amendments under the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 (Advisers Act)....
OVERVIEW & EXPERIENCE
Andrew is an attorney within KJK’s Corporate & Securities, Private Equity, Start-Ups & Capitalization and Health Care practice groups. Andrew works on a wide range of corporate, securities and nonprofit matters, with a particular focus on general corporate governance, contract negotiation, capital raises, equity compensation, securities law compliance, and mergers and acquisitions.
An integral member of the Corporate & Securities team, Andrew advises clients on optimal affiliate and holding company structures, prepares formation and governance documents and ensures that all required corporate formalities are maintained. Among other clients, Andrew advises start-ups, family offices, private equity funds and management teams.
In addition to his Corporate & Securities practice, Andrew is also well-versed in healthcare law, working to advise hospital systems, physician groups, ambulatory surgery centers, home health agencies, hospices and management service organizations on regulatory and compliance matters (including matters related to the Federal fraud and abuse laws and HIPAA), licensing issues, contract negotiations and general corporate planning.
Andrew obtained his Bachelor of Arts from The Ohio State University, with a major in political science where he graduated summa cum laude. He earned his Juris Doctorate from Case Western Reserve University School of Law, graduating cum laude.
Outside of his legal work, Andrew is a lifelong Cleveland sports fan and an avid CrossFit participant.
- Supports KJK attorneys in legal research and writing in civil litigation and health care law matters
- Assisted financial institutions in detecting money-laundering and terrorist-financing schemes
- Represented children claiming Social Security benefits at a health law clinic
- Worked with University Hospitals on writing and legal research related to the Affordable Care Act, HIPAA, Ohio’s Public Records Act and more
- Drafts decisions for a variety of civil cases at the federal and state level
AWARDS & PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Dunmore Moot Court Competition, Sweet 16 Finalist
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
BAR / COURT ADMISSIONS
PRESENTATIONS & PUBLICATIONS
- Co-Author, “Medical Marijuana: Legal and Practical Considerations for Hospitals,” Journal of Health & Life Sciences Law, June 2019