An LLC should run like a reliable car—without hitches and hiccups that could interrupt business and put company assets at risk. Maintenance and fine-tuning of an LLC’s organizational form should also be as routine as car maintenance. As such, it is important to check...
OVERVIEW & EXPERIENCE
As an Associate at KJK, Andrew works on a wide range of corporate and nonprofit matters, with a particular focus on healthcare law. Among other clients, Andrew advises hospital systems, physician groups, ambulatory surgery centers, home health agencies, hospices and management service organizations on regulatory and compliance matters (including matters related to the Federal fraud and abuse laws and HIPAA), licensing issues, contract negotiations and general corporate planning.
Outside of his legal work, Andrew is a lifelong Cleveland sports fan and an avid CrossFit participant.
- Supports KJK attorneys in legal research and writing in civil litigation and health care law matters
- Assisted financial institutions in detecting money-laundering and terrorist-financing schemes
- Represented children claiming Social Security benefits at a health law clinic
- Worked with University Hospitals on writing and legal research related to the Affordable Care Act, HIPAA, Ohio’s Public Records Act and more
- Drafts decisions for a variety of civil cases at the federal and state level
AWARDS & PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Dunmore Moot Court Competition, Sweet 16 Finalist
BAR / COURT ADMISSIONS
- Ohio State Courts
PRESENTATIONS & PUBLICATIONS
- Co-Author, “Medical Marijuana: Legal and Practical Considerations for Hospitals,” Journal of Health & Life Sciences Law, June 2019