more than just a law firm:
Whether your company is well-established, just getting started or somewhere in between, KJK understands that business can be stressful. To ease the burden and meet the myriad demands you face, we are pleased to offer our clients a variety of innovative services. Here are just some of the ways KJK is built for business.
HIPAA Compliance Package
KJK’s Health Care attorneys can work with clients to provide a full suite of documents and training to assist in complying with HIPAA, HITECH and state law privacy obligations.
IP Management Packages
Your brand – including your name, logo, tagline, trade dress, website text, advertising copy, images, packaging and more – is invaluable. Let us help protect it, and have the peace of mind about the security of your intellectual property.
KJK's Homebuilder Program
Homebuilders face all the legal challenges of a typical business but also need specialized advice on construction, land acquisition, finance and more. Thats why the attorneys at KJK have created a variety of services, all for a cost-effective monthly flat-fee
Our litigation attorneys have tried cases to judges and juries, and routinely handle complex commercial lawsuits. We ‘re here to help you through everything, from start to finish.
From start-up to growth to exit, including “restarts” and “pivots,” we advise companies at all stages of maturity on all facets of your new business venture.
Turn-Key Fund Formation
Our multidisciplinary team guides you through the wide range of issues involved with formin multiple type of funds, including corporate finance, securities, real estate and tax, to ensure you receive the all-encompassing representation you need. You can count on KJK’s fund formation attorneys to devise beneficial strategies to fund and protect your business.
Turn-Key Esports Organization Formation
Creating an esports organization is a large undertaking. Without legal advice, you could run into serious legal issues, like a poorly constructed contract resulting in a court case or losing significant amounts of money. Let KJK’s Esports attorneys take the concern out of your new business endeavor, from creating your formation documents to helping you construct create and protect brand collateral.
A program designed for your specific needs:
KJK’s corporate attorneys have assisted our clients in forming thousands of entities across the globe. We use our experience to guide you through the entity selection process, form your entity with the applicable government body and prepare your initial formation and governance documents.
Limited Liability Company
LLCs are the most common entity formed in nearly every state in the U.S., with single member LLCs used by a range of businesses and for a variety of transactions. For LLCs formed in any U.S. state, KJK will:
- Prepare an operating agreement
- Draft articles of formation or other required organizational documents
- Make all initial filings with the Secretary of State
Though we will often advise forming an LLC, there can be tax benefits to forming a corporation, including taking advantage of IRS rules for qualified small business stock. For corporations formed in any U.S. state, KJK will:
- Negotiate and prepare shareholder or close corporation agreements
- Advise on tax consequences
- Prepare proceedings of incorporator, bylaws and other required organizational documents
- Make all initial filings with the Secretary of State
Certain countries require businesses to register or incorporate when they do business or employ salespeople. Through our membership in Meritas, the premier global alliance of mid-size law firms, we can assist you in forming entities throughout the world. KJK will:
- Consult on whether an entity needs to be formed to comply with law
- Assist international counsel in preparing operating documents and obtaining other governmental approvals
KJK GC ADVANTAGE Program
Gain certainty over your legal costs and risks with KJK’s outsourced general counsel (GC) services. KJK GC Advantage is a unique program offering businesses a full suite of legal services for a set monthly fee. Along with cost-certainty, the KJK GC Advantage gives clients peace of mind knowing their projects will be done efficiently, maximizing ROI on their legal spend.
KJK GC is perfect for all companies, whether or not they have in-house counsel. If you don’t have a GC, count on KJK to handle ongoing, routine legal matters at a predictable price. For companies with a GC or in-house staff, KJK can cover underserved areas of the business or handle overflow matters and spikes in workloads. For a monthly flat fee, you’ll receive flexible, individually tailored services from KJK’s experienced attorneys, with the option to custom design your plan specifically to fit your business needs.
- Corporate governance and corporate secretary functions
- Entity formation and maintenance with the Secretary of State
- Executive compensation, terms of employment, confidentiality, non-compete and non-solicitation protections
- Franchise documentation and annual disclosure preparation
- General advice on real estate issues
- Hiring, retention, compensation and termination of employees
- Human resources policies, employee codes of conduct, and compliance training
- Post-acquisition integration
- Preparation of routine legal correspondence
- Review and negotiation of standard business contracts including services agreements, licensing agreements, terms and conditions, and more
- SEC filings for publicly traded companies and other companies subject to reporting and blue sky requirements
- Trade secret, trademark, patent and other intellectual property protection