Gov. Mike DeWine has signed the 2022-23 Ohio budget into law, producing notable income tax provisions for Ohioans. The nearly 1,000-page budget includes plans for additional funding to schools, grant programs to help Ohioans obtain internet services and additional...
OVERVIEW & EXPERIENCE
As Chair of KJK’s Tax Practice Group, Kevin works with closely held businesses in a wide range of sectors, including manufacturing, transportation, mining and real estate in matters related to tax and wealth planning. He also works with individuals on estate planning, succession and tax planning.
Kevin is both a practicing attorney and a certified public accountant, bringing nearly 40 years of experience in both disciplines to his client service. As a result of that unique blend of legal and accounting expertise, Kevin can deliver comprehensive tax-related counsel as well as creative thinking to solve clients’ most complex financial challenges.
Kevin is admitted to represent clients before the U.S. Tax Court in addition to state and federal courts. He has served in many leadership positions at KJK over his tenure, including his current position on the firm’s Executive Committee and his former role as Managing Partner from 1994-1999.
- Counseling nonprofit clients regarding organization, application for exempt status, private benefit and private inurement and employment taxes
- Creating partnerships relating to tax issues such as contributions and distributions, profit, loss and tax allocations, allocation of partnership liabilities, disguised sales and mixing bowl transactions, capital account maintenance rules, restructuring and terminations
- Advising venture capital and investment funds regarding fund structure and tax consequences
- Counseling new entities regarding choice of entity structuring, with extensive experience in advising C corporations, limited liability companies, limited partnerships, limited liability partnerships, joint ventures, entities that have elected S status or other structures
- Assisting closely held companies with business succession planning
AWARDS & PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rating for Highest Level of Professional Excellence
BAR / COURT ADMISSIONS
- Ohio State Courts
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. Tax Court
PRESENTATIONS & PUBLICATIONS
- “Non-Profit Board Member Education Program,” Vantage Point 360, Oct. 6, 2016