Key Takeaways The Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) issued a proposal to amend the beneficial ownership information (BOI) reporting rule, which would extend the deadline for certain reporting companies to file their BOI reports. FinCEN is proposing to...
OVERVIEW & EXPERIENCE
Alex Jones is an attorney within KJK’s Corporate, eCommerce and Intellectual Property practice groups. In his role with the Corporate team, Alex focuses on mergers and acquisitions, assisting companies as they expand and grow their businesses through acquisitions and providing companies with support and guidance in the sale of their businesses. Alex also assists clients in drafting and negotiating commercial contracts.
Additionally, Alex is an integral part of KJK’s eCommerce and Intellectual Property groups, working to employ the firm’s innovative, efficient and cost effective system to protect companies’ brands and intellectual property and thwart unauthorized resellers. He is well-versed in the DMCA subpoena and other tools to combat unauthorized resellers on platforms including Amazon and eBay.
Alex was recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® “Ones to Watch” 2021 and 2022 editions in the Mergers and Acquisitions Law category. Additionally, he was selected to the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association’s Leadership Academy class of 2021-2022, a selective and highly regarded program that provides leadership and professional development for those with a minimum of five years of legal experience.
Alex graduated from Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, is a resident of downtown Cleveland and is an avid bicyclist.
- Assisted in a public to private merger of a pet toy company
- Assisted private equity group with the acquisition of public insurance adjustment
- Assisted in the sale of an oil injection well company
- Lead attorney in the sale of a bridal shop store
AWARDS & PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- The Best Lawyers in America® Ones To Watch, Mergers and Acquisitions, 2021 – 2024
- Ohio Super Lawyer Rising Star, 2023
- Selected For Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association’s Leadership Academy class of 2021 – 2022
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, 2013 Legal Writing, 2014 Evidence
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
BAR / COURT ADMISSIONS
PRESENTATIONS & PUBLICATIONS
- “Protecting Your Brand on Amazon,” Enceiba, KJK, TrackStreet [webinar], Nov. 9, 2023