Earlier this year, Congress passed the Corporate Transparency Act (CTA), which will require certain small businesses to identify and disclose information about their owners. While the purpose of the law is to help stop money laundering (by inhibiting the abuse of...
OVERVIEW & EXPERIENCE
As an Associate at KJK, Alex supports the firm’s attorneys within the Corporate Practice Group, with a focus on mergers and acquisitions. In this role, Alex assists companies as they expand and grow their businesses through acquisitions, and also provides companies with support and guidance in the sale of their businesses. Alex also assists clients in drafting and negotiating commercial contracts.
Additionally, Alex is an integral part of KJK’s Brand Enforcement and Intellectual Property groups, assisting in employing the firm’s innovative, efficient and cost effective system to protect companies’ brands and intellectual property, and thwart unauthorized resellers. He is well-versed in the DMCA subpoena and other tools to combat unauthorized resellers on platforms including Amazon and eBay.
Alex graduated from Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, is a resident of downtown Cleveland and is an avid bicyclist.
- Assisted in a public to private merger of a pet toy company
- Assisted private equity group with the acquisition of public insurance adjustment
- Assisted in the sale of an oil injection well company
- Lead attorney in the sale of a bridal shop store
AWARDS & PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, 2013 Legal Writing, 2014 Evidence