No, this isn’t a Halloween-themed piece about the infamous Cleveland Torso Murderer from the 1930s, but an issue that is less sensational but far more contemporary — the quest to return looted art to its rightful owners. Although we might typically associate art...
OVERVIEW & EXPERIENCE
Over the 30-plus years of his career, Christopher has served companies ranging from technology start-ups to publicly traded utilities with a focus on securities law and corporate governance. He has extensive experience in capital formation from public and private sources, Securities Exchange Act reporting for public companies, tender offers and proxy contests.
Christopher also counsels companies in matters of equity compensation, contract negotiations and mergers and acquisitions, and he serves as corporate secretary for both public and private corporations as well as non-profits. He is known for the accuracy of his work, even in the most complex transactions.
Christopher is a native Clevelander, frequent traveler and history buff whose civic involvement has included a position on the board of the Cleveland Heights Historical Society.
- Represented a retail eyewear company in its initial public offering, subsequent secondary offering and acquisition by public tender offer
- Assisted a Northeast Ohio technology start-up in its formation, structuring and first and second rounds of private angel financing
- Counseled a pet products company through an auction process and ultimate sale to a strategic buyer
- Represented a dissident shareholder in his successful proxy campaign to reject a merger proposal and his subsequent replacement of the board
- Served as counsel to a publicly traded utility company in connection with its offering of rights to its shareholders to acquire additional shares of stock
- Represented a OTC Markets listed company in connection with a reverse stock split and “going private” transaction
- Assisted a family-owned chain of gas stations/convenience stores in the sale of the business to a Canadian corporation
- Worked with a group of investors in their acquisition of a controlling interest in a publicly traded “shell” company
- Counseled a Northeast Ohio provider of medical imaging equipment and services with all aspects of its business
- Represented a shareholder group in its successful bid for representation on the board of directors of a publicly traded provider of medical services and in its ouster of the chairman of the board
- Represented a family-owned manufacturer of camping stoves in connection with regulatory issues relating to its direct public offering of its stock over the Internet
- Assisted a publicly held San Diego-based company in connection with the divestiture of its telecommunications business, acquisition of an e-commerce subsidiary and refocus of its business in the Internet B2B arena, private financing of its newly reoriented business and ultimate sale of its business to a strategic buyer
AWARDS & PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Selected to Ohio Rising Stars, 2005 – 2006
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law
- Adjunct Professor
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- OTCQX Marketplace
- Designated Adviser for Disclosure
- Phi Delta Phi
- The International Legal Honor Society, Past President
BAR / COURT ADMISSIONS
- Cleveland Heights Historical Society
- Forest Hills Home Owners
PRESENTATIONS & PUBLICATIONS
- “Falling Stock Prices and Rising Compliance Costs Make Going Private an Attractive Option,” Law & Fact Magazine, Oct. 2003