Real Estate Investors Beware President Biden’s Green Book was released on May 28, 2021, and the tax reforms include a proposal to limit the deferral of gain on the exchange of real property used in a trade or business, or held for investment purposes, for real...
OVERVIEW & EXPERIENCE
Dayna is an integral part of KJK’s Education Law team. She focuses on Higher Education, including Title IX, campus misconduct and other disciplinary matters.
Dayna provides advocacy and support for students involved in proceedings related to sexual assault, sexual harassment, and other forms of sexual misconduct primarily in Title IX proceedings. She uses her knowledge and skills gained during active law practice to help navigate students through the process. This includes providing information about the Title IX policy, reporting and complaint process, and alternatives to the Title IX process such as filing a criminal complaint or engaging in mediation or restorative justice. Dayna assists students with drafting their initial statements and preparing for hearings. She also provides supportive services to students during the hearing, fact finding phase and after the hearing. Dayna helps students weigh the potential impact of the process on their academic, social, and extracurricular life against their personal goals to help them make a decision that is best for them.
For more than 20 years, Dayna has advocated for, advised, mentored, educated and supported collegiate women in both public and private college/university settings. She has served in a volunteer capacity with her sorority as a National Chapter Advisor, Membership Specialist, College Chapter Director, Membership Advisor, Risk Prevention and Education Advisor and Standards Advisor at numerous campuses throughout Ohio including Bowling Green State University, Kent State University, Ohio University, Ohio Wesleyan University, The University of Akron, and Wright State University. As an advisor, she successfully worked with colleges, universities and collegiate women to investigate and mediate more than 20 disciplinary and misconduct matters.
Dayna has also created, facilitated and presented educational workshops and programs for collegiate women on both a state and regional level focusing on membership recruitment/retention, risk prevention and judicial procedures.
Prior to joining KJK, Dayna served as a Title IX advocate for a local law firm. She also volunteered as a Summit County Court Appointed Special Advocate for 5 years where she was appointed by a judge to be a social justice advocate for abused and neglected children.
AWARDS & PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
• Olive McCune Loyalty Award, 2011
BAR / COURT ADMISSIONS
- Delta Zeta Sorority
- College Chapter Advisor, The University of Akron Chapter, 2016 to present
- National Chapter Advisor, Ohio Wesleyan University, 2016
- National Membership Specialist, Ohio Wesleyan University, Ohio University and Wright State University, 2014-2016
- Risk Management and Standards Advisor, Kent State University, 2010-2016
- Membership Advisor, Kent State University, 2004-2016
- Ritual Advisor, Baldwin Wallace University Chapter, 2000-2001
- The Charles F. Scanlon & Samuel H. Bell Inn of Court
- Planning Committee Member, 2012-2015
- Barrister Member, 2009-2015
- Summit County CASA, Court Appointed Special Advocate, 2006-2010
PRESENTATIONS & PUBLICATIONS
- The University of Akron School of Law, J.D., 2006
- Bowling Green State University, B.A., Women’s Studies & Psychology, 1998
- Order of Omega and Gamma Sigma Alpha Honor Societies, Member
- Cleveland Alumnae Panhellenic Scholarship