Janet is an Associate with Kohrman Jackson & Krantz. Janet guides clients in Northeast Ohio through what are often emotionally-charged legal matters, including divorce, dissolution, child custody, and juvenile court proceedings involving unwed parents.
Janet brings compassion and empathy to her legal work. With every client, her overarching goal remains the same: to help the client navigate to their new normal. Janet always patiently strives to bring her clients a sense of understanding and comfort as it relates to what can seem like a complex and daunting process that has real life, day-to-day implications.
Outside of the office, Janet enjoys spending time with her family and her two cats, Telemachus and Eurydice, gardening, and cheering on her beloved Ohio State Buckeyes.
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, J.D., 2015, cum laude
- Articles Editor, Ohio State Law Journal
- President, Women’s Legal Society
- The Ohio State University, B.A., 2012, summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- National Organization for Women, past Bylaws Chair and Legislative Liaison
- Ohio NOW Education and Legal Fund, Secretary and Bylaws Chair
- Women’s Legal Society, past president
- Legal Aid Society of Columbus Domestic Team, intern, summer 2013
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Ohio, 2015
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Lawyers as Leaders, Spring 2015
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Commercial Paper, Fall 2014
- Public Service Fellow with Dean’s Special Recognition, The Ohio State University