Ohio Senate Bill 33 (S.B. 33), which makes significant changes to Ohio’s laws regulating Community Reinvestment Area (CRA) incentives, goes into effect April 3, 2023. Introduced in early 2021, S.B. 33 aggressively expands the availability of CRAs, the benefits they...
OVERVIEW & EXPERIENCE
James Scherer is an attorney in KJK’s Real Estate and Corporate practice groups who assists clients with complex transactions, litigation and compliance matters, providing them with insight and analysis of evolving legal issues.
Jim holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in psychology from Cleveland State University and earned his Juris Doctorate from Cleveland State University Cleveland-Marshall College of Law. While at C|M|Law, he served as Articles Editor for Cleveland State Law Review.
A life-long Clevelander, Jim is a first-generation college – and law school – graduate. In his free time, Jim enjoys traveling to new places and connecting with people. He is a devoted supporter of the arts in Cleveland and a longtime Playhouse Square season ticket holder. Jim is in the process of achieving his goal seeing America from every long-distance Amtrak route, with eight down and four to go so far.
AWARDS & PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
BAR / COURT ADMISSIONS
- Stream for a Cause
- Board Member, 2021– 2022
- Cleveland State Law Review
- Articles Editor, 2019 – 2021
PRESENTATIONS & PUBLICATIONS
- “Changing the Rule that Changes Nothing: Protecting Evicted Tenants by Amending Cleveland Housing Court Rule 6.13,” Cleveland State Law Review, April 27, 2021
- Cleveland State University Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, J.D., 2021, magna cum laude
- Cleveland State University, B.A., Psychology, 2016, magna cum laude