For the most part, the First Amendment guarantees free speech. But when that speech is false and aimed at inflicting economic harm, it can lead to real liability. Such was the case in Gibson’s Bakery v. Oberlin College. As this case proved, organizations should beware...
OVERVIEW & EXPERIENCE
Kyle creatively and efficiently advises businesses in achieving their goals while providing valuable insights that assist clients in conquering their various challenges and obstacles. He is an integral part of the Firm’s practice groups through his research, writing, and problem solving.
Born and raised in Warren, Ohio, Kyle came to Cleveland in pursuit of his law degree. He honed his skills as a submissions editor for Cleveland State Law Review, which recognized him as Editor of the Year. Prior to KJK, Kyle clerked at a mid-sized law firm in Cleveland and externed with the Honorable Magistrate Judge David A. Ruiz, United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio. He served as both secretary and vice president of the Entertainment and Sports Law Association during his time at Cleveland-Marshall College of Law. Kyle holds a Bachelor of Science degree in finance from Pennsylvania State University and a Juris Doctorate from Cleveland-Marshall College of Law.
When he’s not practicing law, Kyle enjoys playing golf and spending time outside with his dogs. He is also a passionate fan of all Cleveland sports teams, as well as soccer and esports.
AWARDS & PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Esports Bar Association
BAR / COURT ADMISSIONS
- United States District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- Entertainment and Sports Law Association, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, 2016-19
- Secretary, 2016-17
- Vice President, 2017-19
- Cleveland State Law Review, 2017-19
- Submissions Editor, Summer 2018 – Spring 2019
PRESENTATIONS & PUBLICATIONS
- Pennsylvania State University, B.S., Finance, 2011
- Cleveland State University Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, J.D., 2019, summa cum laude
- LexisNexis, LexisNexis Professional Research Certification