Although social scientists have been studying marital trends for decades, there is a notable component of these studies which is often less commonly-discussed—particularly, the relationship, if any, between premarital cohabitation and a subsequent termination of the...
OVERVIEW & EXPERIENCE
As Chair of KJK’s Domestic Relations & Family Law Practice Group, John serves clients in such matters as divorce and dissolution, child custody, alimony and child support issues, prenuptial agreements as well as juvenile court proceedings for unwed parents. John has significant trial and litigation experience and is also trained and skilled in alternatives to litigation, such as collaborative and cooperative divorce processes.
John applies a thoughtful approach to his work that’s tailored to each client’s unique situation, seeking creative and family-focused results. He’s valued by clients for his attentiveness to their needs and ability to mitigate chaos as quickly as possible during times of high conflict. Over his 10-plus year legal career, he has practiced in a variety of litigation and non-litigation areas of the law, including commercial and business litigation. John has also led his own firm.
John currently co-chairs the Family Law Section of the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association and mentors law students in mock trial teams at his alma mater, the University of Akron School of Law. Outside of his legal work, John enjoys spending time with his family, woodworking and playing guitar.
AWARDS & PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- The Cleveland Bar Association
- Co-chair, Family Law Section, 2011 to 2020
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Best Lawyers in America, 2018-2021
- Selected to Ohio Super Lawyers, 2011, 2018-2021
BAR / COURT ADMISSIONS
- Ohio State Courts
- Ohio Federal Courts
- Goodwill Industries, WEYES volunteer reader for visually impaired individuals, 2011 – 2016
- Akron Law School Trial Team, 2008 to present
PRESENTATIONS & PUBLICATIONS
SELECTED SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
- Difficult Conversations/Creative Problem Solving, Engage! Cleveland Professional Development Week (Cleveland, Ohio), November 6, 2019