As domestic relations attorneys, one of the questions that we hear most often from those contemplating ending their marriage to their spouse via divorce, dissolution or otherwise is some version of the following: “What can I do now in order to get ready for and...
OVERVIEW & EXPERIENCE
As Chair of KJK’s Domestic Relations & Family Law Practice Group, John serves clients in such matters as divorce and dissolution, child custody, alimony and child support issues, prenuptial agreements as well as juvenile court proceedings for unwed parents. John has significant trial and litigation experience and is also trained and skilled in alternatives to litigation, such as collaborative and cooperative divorce processes.
John applies a thoughtful approach to his work that’s tailored to each client’s unique situation, seeking creative and family-focused results. He’s valued by clients for his attentiveness to their needs and ability to mitigate chaos as quickly as possible during times of high conflict. Over his 10-plus year legal career, he has practiced in a variety of litigation and non-litigation areas of the law, including commercial and business litigation. John has also led his own firm.
John currently co-chairs the Family Law Section of the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association and mentors law students in mock trial teams at his alma mater, the University of Akron School of Law. Outside of his legal work, John enjoys spending time with his family, woodworking and playing guitar.
AWARDS & PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Best Lawyers in America®, Family Law, 2018 – 2023
- Selected to Ohio Super Lawyers, 2011, 2018 – 2023
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Co-chair, Family Law Section, 2011 – 2020
- Ohio State Bar Association
BAR / COURT ADMISSIONS
- Ohio State Courts
- Ohio Federal Courts
- Akron Law School Trial Team, 2008 – Present
- Goodwill Industries, WEYES volunteer reader for visually impaired individuals, 2011 – 2016
PRESENTATIONS & PUBLICATIONS
Selected Speaking Engagements
- Difficult Conversations/Creative Problem Solving, Engage! Cleveland Professional Development Week (Cleveland, Ohio), Nov. 6, 2019
- The University of Akron School of Law, J.D., 2008
- The Ohio State University, B.A., History, 1999