As Chair of KJK’s Domestic Relations & Family Law Practice Group, John serves clients in such matters as divorce and dissolution, child custody, alimony and child support issues, prenuptial agreements as well as juvenile court proceedings for unwed parents. John has significant trial and litigation experience and is also trained and skilled in alternatives to litigation, such as collaborative and cooperative divorce processes.
John applies a thoughtful approach to his work that’s tailored to each client’s unique situation, seeking creative and family-focused results. He’s valued by clients for his attentiveness to their needs and ability to mitigate chaos as quickly as possible during times of high conflict. Over his 10-plus year legal career, he has practiced in a variety of litigation and non-litigation areas of the law, including commercial and business litigation. John has also led his own firm.
John currently co-chairs the Family Law Section of the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association and mentors law students in mock trial teams at his alma mater, the University of Akron School of Law. Outside of his legal work, John enjoys spending time with his family, woodworking and playing guitar.
- The University of Akron School of Law, J.D., 2008
- The Ohio State University, B.A., History, 1999
SELECTED SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
- Difficult Conversations/Creative Problem Solving, Engage! Cleveland Professional Development Week (Cleveland, Ohio), November 6, 2019
SELECTED ARTICLES AND PUBLICATIONS
- “What Is a Divorce? The Answer Might Not Be as Simple as You Think” August 08, 2019
- “Divorce and the Family Business (Part 3 of 3): Separate and Marital Property?” June 28, 2019
- “Divorce and the Family Business (Part 2 of 3): What is It Worth?” May 31, 2019
- “Divorce and the Family Business (Part 1 of 3): What Do You Own?” May 16, 2019
- Goodwill Industries, WEYES volunteer reader for visually impaired individuals, 2011 – 2016
- Akron Law School Trial Team, 2008 to present
- The Cleveland Bar Association
- Co-chair, Family Law Section, 2011 to present
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Ohio State Courts
- Ohio Federal Courts
- Best Lawyers in America, 2018, 2019
- Selected to Ohio Super Lawyers, 2011, 2018, 2019