If probate is needed, the process usually begins soon after a loved one passes away. The probate process can be long, stressful, and expensive. Some family members are able to manage it on their own without an attorney, but it is typically a much too involved and time...
OVERVIEW & EXPERIENCE
As an attorney in KJK’s Estate, Wealth & Succession Planning group, Susan Friedman is experienced in all aspects of estate planning, probate, trust and estate administration, special needs planning, charitable planning and guardianships. She is valued by clients for her calm demeanor and ability to actively listen to address clients’ specific needs and develop individualized strategies.
Susie holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in political science from Washington University in St. Louis and earned her Juris Doctorate from Case Western Reserve University School of Law. In addition to her law degree, Susie holds a Master’s degree in social work, which further helps her to address and resolve various issues her clients face.
Susie is involved with Jewish Federation of Cleveland and has served on the Donor Advised Fund Committee since 2016. Additionally, she participates in the Professional Advisors Council with Jewish Federation. Susie also sits on the Board for the Cleveland Hillel Foundation and is a member of the University Hospitals of Cleveland Diamond Advisor Group.
In her free time, Susie enjoys walking in the Metroparks near her home in Solon, spending time with her two daughters and her six-pound Yorkie, Louie, playing tennis, skiing and reading fiction.
AWARDS & PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Ohio Bar Association
- Cleveland Estate Planning Council
- Membership Committee of the Estate Planning Council of Cleveland
BAR / COURT ADMISSIONS
- Estate Planning Council of Cleveland
- Membership Committee
- Jewish Federation of Cleveland
- Donor Advised Fund Committee
- JFC Advisors
- Professional Advisor Council, Steering Committee
- Cleveland Hillel Foundation, 2018-present
- Board of Directors
- Shaker Figure Skating Club, 2014-2016
- University Hospitals of Cleveland, Diamond Advisory Group
PRESENTATIONS & PUBLICATIONS
- “Estate Planning Basics,” Baldwin Wallace Institute for Learning in Retirement; Cuyahoga County Community College Adult Education, 2019-present (quarterly presentations)
- “Online Accounts and Cryptocurrency: Estate Planning, Gifting, and Charitable Giving Considerations,” Lake County Bar Association presented April 27, 2022
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law, J.D., 1996
- Case Western Reserve University Mandel School of Applied Social Sciences, MSSA, 1996
- Washington University in St. Louis, B.A., Political Science, 1991