Capital Gains Tax and Cryptocurrency Cryptocurrency donations to charities were booming in 2021 and will continue in 2022. Digital assets donations on Giving Tuesday grew 583% in 2021 from Giving Tuesday in 2020 and should grow even more in 2022. The Internal Revenue...
OVERVIEW & EXPERIENCE
As an attorney in KJK’s Estate, Wealth & Succession Planning group, Susan Friedman is experienced in all aspects of estate planning, probate, trust and estate administration, special needs planning, charitable planning and guardianships. She is valued by clients for her calm demeanor and ability to actively listen to address clients’ specific needs and develop individualized strategies.
Susie holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in political science from Washington University in St. Louis and earned her Juris Doctorate from Case Western Reserve University School of Law. In addition to her law degree, Susie holds a Master’s degree in social work, which further helps her to address and resolve various issues her clients face.
Susie is involved with the Jewish Federation of Cleveland and has served on the Donor Advised Fund Committee since 2016. In addition, she serves on the Board for the Cleveland Hillel Foundation.
In her free time, Susie enjoys walking in the Metroparks near her home in Solon, spending time with her two daughters and her six-pound Yorkie, Louie, skiing and reading fiction.
AWARDS & PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Ohio Bar Association
- Cleveland Estate Planning Council
BAR / COURT ADMISSIONS
- Jewish Federation of Cleveland, 2016-present
- Donor Advised Fund Committee
- Cleveland Hillel Foundation, 2018-present
- Board of Directors
- Shaker Figure Skating Club, 2014-2016
PRESENTATIONS & PUBLICATIONS
- “Estate Planning Basics,” Baldwin Wallace Institute for Learning in Retirement; Cuyahoga County Community College Adult Education, 2019-present (quarterly presentations)
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law, J.D., 1996
- Case Western Reserve University Mandel School of Applied Social Sciences, MSSA, 1996
- Washington University in St. Louis, B.A., Political Science, 1991