As a Partner in KJK’s Economic Development Practice Group, Stephanie advises growing companies looking to expand or relocate both in and outside of Ohio, real estate developers planning new projects, and municipalities seeking to attract or retain businesses in their communities. Stephanie is skilled at utilizing public and private resources to solve development and growth obstacles related to infrastructure, utilities, environmental concerns, real estate, workforce and other factors companies consider as part of their site selection process. Stephanie crafts capital structures focused on a client’s unique needs – whether it is a growing company, brownfield redevelopment, site manufacturing plant expansion. Stephanie knows that no deal is the same. She uses her deep experience and adds value by leveraging relationships with the federal, state and local entities and negotiating economic development incentives such as tax abatements, tax increment financing, brownfield and underutilized property redevelopment funds, bond financing, utility structures, new market and historic tax credits, job creation tax credits and various grant programs.
In her previous capacity as senior director for the JobsOhio Regional Office at Team NEO, Stephanie worked on over 500 projects with companies and communities, and directly negotiated hundreds of millions of dollars of incentives into the same. She also led project efforts on speculative site development in addition to working to identify end users and redevelopment resources for over 50 underutilized sites and buildings in Ohio.
Stephanie also previously held a seat on the Ohio Civil Rights Commission and is the former executive director of the Northeast Ohio Hispanic Chamber of Commerce and the Northeast Ohio Hispanic Center for Economic Development.
Stephanie is a mother of two girls and an avid rower, who can be found rowing on the Cuyahoga River or competing in races in other regional cities. She is also a board member of the Western Reserve Rowing Association.
- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, Cleveland State University, J.D., 2005
- John Carroll University, B.A., Political Science, 2002
- Fordham University Bronx, 1998-2000
- Ohio State Courts
- Western Reserve Rowing Association, board member
- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law Visiting Committee, member, 2014 to 2016
- Ohio Hispanic Bar Association, board member and secretary, 2011 to 2013
- Mercy Regional Health Partners, board member, 2010 to 2013
- Key Entrepreneurial Development Center, Advisory Committee
- Case Western Reserve University, Supplier Diversity Council, 2009 to 2011
- The Cleveland Clinic, Supplier Diversity Council, 2009 to 2011
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- National Football League, Hispanic Heritage Leadership Award, 2011
- 40 Under 40, Crain’s Cleveland Business, 2010
- Held project management responsibilities on over 500 growth opportunities over seven years in role as Senior Director of the JobsOhio Regional Office at Team Neo
- Directly negotiated more hundreds of millions of funding in job creation tax credits, loans, and grant funding into announced business investments in NE Ohio
- Served as lead project manager on securing $10 million in grants and financing into 3 speculative redevelopment sites in addition to securing funding for almost 50 underutilized or environmentally challenged sites
- Served as lead attorney in an $11 million asset purchase of a multi-state manufacturing company