Josh serves small and mid-sized businesses in such areas of corporate law as formation, contracts, compliance, mergers and acquisitions, commercial transactions and succession planning. He also specializes in corporate real estate transactions, serving builders, developers, investors, property owners and more.
Josh’s legal focus in development, construction and real estate is rooted in his experience working for many years in his family’s residential construction company, DiYanni Homes. The experience of working in his family’s business has enhanced his understanding of the unique dynamics of small and mid-sized privately-held companies, including family businesses, to help them grow from formation through succession.
Josh is valued by his clients for his responsiveness, big-picture thinking and creative approach to crafting deals that are most advantageous to his clients. In his civic involvement, Josh focuses on supporting local businesses and enhancing access to legal services. He is a founding member and currently sits on the board of the East Columbus Business Association, and provides free legal assistance to members of his community through the Vineyard Community Church Legal Clinic.
Outside of his legal work, Josh can typically be found outdoors, playing sports, running 5Ks, snowboarding or hiking.
- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, J.D., 2011
- Cleveland State Law Review, Articles Editor
- Dean’s List
- High “A” in Contracts, Advanced Legal Research, International Law, and Securities Regulations
- Malone University, B.A., Sports Science, Business Minor, 2003
- East Columbus Business Association, Board Member, 2016 to present
- Vineyard Community Church Legal Clinic, 2011-2016
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Ohio State Courts
- United States District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- United States Tax Court
- Provides effective and efficient strategic advice to start-up and existing companies on company structure, compliance and organizational documents such as operating agreements and buy-sell agreements.
- Develops employment, confidentiality and non-compete agreements for a variety of companies.
- Provides transactional documents and assists in negotiation of purchases and sales of businesses.
- Develops company contract documents including vendor agreements, independent contractor agreements, and service agreements.
- Represents privately-held and family-owned companies in a wide variety of contract disputes.
- Advises clients, including landowners, developers, builders, and investors, in real estate joint ventures.