Amanda is an associate in the Real Estate Practice Group, focusing on all aspects of commercial real estate. Prior to joining KJK, Amanda worked as an in-house attorney for a publicly traded real estate investment corporation, in which she worked on behalf of landlords in a retail capacity, in areas including leasing, acquisition and disposition, landlord and tenant litigation and environmental matters.
Amanda independently manages many of the transactions that she works on at KJK from start to finish. She is skilled at negotiating and drafting numerous types of real estate documents, including leases, license agreements, purchase and sale agreements, SNDAs and finance documents. Amanda is also experienced in corporate law, including the formation of business entities, structuring of operating agreements and the drafting and negotiation of asset purchase agreements.
Furthermore, Amanda excels at identifying and resolving issues that arise during real estate transactions, including issues such as environmental contamination, title defects, site-specific studies, wetlands and survey issues.
“My goal as a real estate attorney is to provide my clients with the highest quality work-product in a time efficient manner, while maintaining continuous communication with my clients during the process so that they are informed every step of the way.” – Amanda Lauer
- University of Akron School of Law, J.D., 2013, magna cum laude
- Akron Tax Journal, managing editor
- Akron Law Review, associate editor
- Kent State University, B.A., Business Administration, 2009
- Multiple Breed Rescue, volunteer
- College Now Greater Cleveland, volunteer and mentor
- Legal Aid Society of Cleveland, volunteer
- Ohio Bar Association
- Commercial Real Estate Women, Inc. of Cleveland
- Membership Committee, member
- Communications Committee, member
- Ohio State Courts
- Cleveland Bridge Builders Class of 2020
- Served as a lead attorney in a client’s acquisition of an entire block of property in downtown Cleveland, which included the drafting and negotiation of the purchase agreements, extensive due diligence, including title, survey and environmental review, site tours and the preparation of closing documents.
- Drafted and negotiated a variety of retail, warehouse, office and residential leases within Ohio, along with numerous other states, for individuals and companies of all sizes, including a high-end Fortune 500 Company.
- Represented a developer in connection with the acquisition of numerous parcels of land throughout Northeast Ohio for development of subdivisions of single-family homes, as well as drafting and amending many HOA declarations.
- Worked closely with banks and lenders in connection with the acquisition, financing and refinancing of commercial properties throughout Ohio, North Carolina, Florida and New Mexico.
“Even Church Can’t Save You From Wire Fraud,” May 10, 2019