By Mark Rasch & Alex Welsh In order to pursue a case in court, especially federal court, a potential plaintiff must demonstrate that they have suffered a concrete, personal, demonstrable harm. When it comes to potential class action privacy litigation, this...
OVERVIEW & EXPERIENCE
As an Associate at KJK, Alex supports the firm’s attorneys in complex litigation and intellectual property matters. Alex assists KJK clients in achieving their objectives through detailed analysis and creative problem solving. He also provides assistance with the procurement, maintenance and enforcement of valuable intellectual property.
Alex earned his undergraduate degree in aerospace engineering from Auburn University. While obtaining his law degree from Cleveland State University Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, Alex served as managing editor of the Cleveland State Law Review, and garnered experience as an intellectual property law clerk at NASA Glenn Research Center and a multi-national corporation.
Alex volunteers with the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association’s Reach Out program, which is dedicated to building connections with the nonprofit community. A native of Northeast Ohio, Alex is a big fan of his hometown teams.
AWARDS & PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Constitutional Law, Fall 2015
- American Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
BAR / COURT ADMISSIONS
- Ohio State Courts
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- CMBA Reach Out for Non-Profits
PRESENTATIONS & PUBLICATIONS
- Cleveland State University Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, J.D., 2017
- Auburn University, B.S., Aerospace Engineering, 2014