We have made it to Part 3 of our three-part series on the Corporate Transparency Act’s final rule. The Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) released the final rule on Sept. 30, 2022. This article covers important timeframes to keep in mind as the rule rolls...
OVERVIEW & EXPERIENCE
Samantha Cira is a talented associate who supports KJK’s Corporate & Securities, Private Equity, M&A and Start-Ups & Capitalization practice groups. She is passionate about putting in the work to understand her clients’ businesses to help effectively meet their needs and support their success.
Prior to joining KJK, Samantha analyzed, prepared and negotiated attachment and use license agreements and leases for a Fortune 500 telecommunications company and counseled clients on legal, regulatory and policy initiatives. Samantha holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in English from The Ohio State University, where she graduated summa cum laude, and earned her Juris Doctorate from Cleveland State University Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, also graduating summa cum laude.
While at C|M|Law, Samantha was Development Editor for Cleveland State Law Review and was a judicial extern for Judge Patricia Gaughan, now Chief U.S. District Judge of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio.
Outside of work, Samantha enjoys theater, cooking (specifically trying out new recipes from her favorite food blogger, Half Baked Harvest), reading and exploring Cleveland breweries. She stays active by hiking, cycling and spending time with her dog, Noah.
AWARDS & PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards in Legal Writing, Scholarly Writing, Commercial Law, Family Law, and Comparative Law: Canon
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
BAR / COURT ADMISSIONS
PRESENTATIONS & PUBLICATIONS
- Report of the Communications Law Committee, 2021
- American Bar Association Infrastructure and Regulated Industries Section
- Stuck in Ohio’s Legal Limbo, How Many Mistrials are Too Many Mistrials?: Exploring New Factors That Help a Trial Judge in Ohio Know Whether to Exercise Her Authority to Dismiss an Indictment with Prejudice, Especially Following Repeated Hung Juries, Cleveland State Law Review, 2017
- Cleveland State University Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, J.D., 2018, summa cum laude
- The Ohio State University, B.A., English, 2015, summa cum laude