Last year, the New York Knicks initiated formal legal proceedings against the Toronto Raptors and several affiliated coaches, alleging the illicit procurement of sensitive materials. The Knicks claimed that Ikechukwu Azotam, currently serving as the head of video and...
OVERVIEW & EXPERIENCE
As a KJK Associate, Paige practices in both the firm’s Corporate and Esports, Media & Entertainment groups. Paige is experienced in corporate and employment litigation, as well as business transactions. Paige provides invaluable assistance to the team, including preparing for and conducting interviews, depositions and mediations. Paige utilizes those skills, and her specialized knowledge in the esports and entertainment fields, to represents professional athletes and owners of esports ventures within the fast-growing industry. She offers assistance beyond the traditional legal role and advises clients through their endeavors in the industry. Paige provides insight regarding esports events, rebrands and management to add value to each client’s projects.
Prior to beginning her legal career, Paige worked as a behavioral interventionist, administering Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) therapy to clients on the autism spectrum. Originally from Parkersburg, WV, she made the decision to go into law after experiencing the effects of a large class action lawsuit in her hometown.
Paige holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in psychology from Marshall University and a Juris Doctorate from The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law. She is a member of the Cleveland Metropolitan and Ohio State Bar Associations.
Outside of her law practice, Paige is an outdoor enthusiast and avid hiker who enjoys training and spending time with her two dogs. A resident of downtown Cleveland, she also loves puzzles and brain teasers – especially solving escape rooms.
AWARDS & PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Herman Moot Court Competition, 1st Runner-up, Best Oralist; 2nd Runner-Up, Best Overall
- CALI Award for Excellence in State and Local Tax
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Greater Cleveland Sports Commission
- Associate Board, 2024 – Present
BAR / COURT ADMISSIONS
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- Northern District of Ohio Bankruptcy Court
PRESENTATIONS & PUBLICATIONS
Selected Speaking Engagements
- Hacking Esports: Investment & The Law, Cleveland, Ohio, Feb. 26, 2020
Selected Articles and Publications
- Co-Author, The Esports Craze: Exploring the Legal Protections of a Growing Industry, Nov.15, 2019