News Wealth & Estate Planning / 10.15.2019

KJK Partner Erika Apelis Featured in Cleveland Jewish News Article: “Estate planning can benefit everyone – including the 99%”

By Becky Raspe, Cleveland Jewish News

Erika ApelisFor the wealthy 1%, estate plans are an integral part of financial planning. But for the other 99%, many don’t see a reason to plan for their estate, especially if they feel they don’t have enough assets.

According to LegalZoom.com, about 55% of Americans don’t have a will or plan and don’t see the need for one. This figure has stayed steady over the years, even as accounts the average American has increases.

But in the face of those numbers, Erika Apelis, partner at Kohrman, Jackson & Krantz in Cleveland, and Marla K. Petti, director of financial planning at HW Financial Advisors in Beachwood, said average people should still create estate plans.

Click to read the full article.

 

KJK publications are intended for general information purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice on any specific facts or circumstances. All articles published by KJK state the personal views of the authors. This publication may not be quoted or referred without our prior written consent. To request reprint permission for any of our publications, please use the “Contact Us” form located on this website. The mailing of our publications is not intended to create, and receipt of them does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. The views set forth therein are the personal views of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of KJK.