On August 10th, the US Senate passed the bipartisan Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (“Infrastructure Bill”). While much of the Infrastructure Bill focuses on funding for roads, bridges, electric vehicles, high-speed internet, and modernization of electrical...
OVERVIEW & EXPERIENCE
As a member of KJK’s Tax Services Practice Group, Demetrius is valued by clients as a trustworthy and knowledgeable attorney. Demetrius spent several years working for a Fortune 25 company before transitioning into law, based on his desire to combine his understanding of business with the legal complexities and challenges that exist. Demetrius is passionate about helping small businesses navigate the law in order to grow. He has provided tax and business advice to multi-national businesses, including Fortune 100 companies.
Demetrius holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in psychology from Capital University and a Juris Doctorate from Capital University Law School, where he also earned his Master of Laws in taxation and business. He is a member of the American and Ohio State Bar Associations, and was appointed to the Ohio State Bar Association Advisory Council on Diversity Initiatives. Additionally, Demetrius serves as vice chair for the Childhood League Center Advisory Council and is a city leader with Bunker Labs, a national network of veteran and military spouse entrepreneurs who help those in the military community start their own businesses. He also volunteers with the Legal Aid Society.
Outside of his legal practice, Demetrius serves in dedication to his country as a member of the Ohio Army National Guard. He also enjoys spending quality time with his wife and three children.
AWARDS & PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- American Bar Association, Tax Committee Member
- Ohio State Bar Association, Tax Committee Member
- Ohio State Bar Association Advisory Council on Diversity Initiatives
- Selected to Ohio Rising Stars, 2020-2022
- AVVO Client Choice Award, 2018, 2019
BAR / COURT ADMISSIONS
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. Tax Court
- The Childhood League Center Advisory Council, Vice Chair
- Bunker Labs, City Leader
- Legal Aid Society, Volunteer
PRESENTATIONS & PUBLICATIONS
- “Veteran Entrepreneurship,” Ohio Women’s Veteran Conference, August 2019
- “The New Tax Cuts and Job Act,” Columbus Urban League, November 2018
- “The Tax Cuts and Job Act,” Columbus Business First, November 2018
- “Tax Law Changes for Professionals,” Columbus Bar Association, October 2018
- “Legal Essentials for Business Owners,” Columbus Metropolitan Library, September 2018