On June 1st, the Economic Development Administration’s Office of Innovation and Entrepreneurship (OIE) within the U.S. Department of Commerce launched the application process for the Build to Scale (B2S) Program. This program provides a funding opportunity aimed at...
OVERVIEW & EXPERIENCE
As a Transaction Analyst within KJK’s Economic Development and Incentive practice group, Charlie Bolton assists our clients and firm leadership with comprehensive economic impact analyses and advanced financial models for various projects and initiatives.
Prior to joining KJK, Charlie served as the Chief Economist in the Office of U.S. Senator Rob Portman (OH); assisting with the preparation, coordination, and production of economic and financial analysis for the Senator. Additionally, he was assigned to serve as Staff Director of the Subcommittee on Social Security, Pensions, and Family Policy.
Charlie graduated from Georgetown University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in political economy. He later earned his Master of Business Administration from the MIT Sloan School of Management, where he completed the finance track and was selected for independent study under former Fidelity President Bob Pozen. During his time at MIT, Charlie also enrolled as a cross-registered student at Harvard Law School where he studied ERISA Law.
Outside of the office, Charlie is a passionate Squash player. Charlie captained the Georgetown Squash team while in undergrad and is a founding board member of Squash Dreamers, a non-profit organization that provides young refugee and underprivileged Jordanian girls with professional squash and English training to help them apply to outstanding international and Jordanian schools. He also enjoys playing piano, tennis and reading about history.
AWARDS & PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- 25+ for 25 years Award, WISER, 2021
BAR / COURT ADMISSIONS
- Squash Dreamers, 2016 – Present
- Founding Board Member
PRESENTATIONS & PUBLICATIONS
- Teaching Notes for MIT Sloan Course 15.382 under the supervision of Bob Pozen, MIT Sloan School of Management, 2022
- Americans Deserve to Retire with Dignity. Here’s How We’d Help Them Do It (with Beth Bell). Published under Rob Portman’s and Ben Cardin’s names. Barron’s, Feb. 27, 2020
- Rob Portman: Let’s make sure a government shutdown never happens again. Published under Rob Portman’s name. CNN, Jan.29, 2019
- Multiemployer Pension Recapitalization and Reform Plan (with Chris Allen). United States Senate Finance Committee, 2019
- Lead staffer on the Retirement Security and Savings Act for U.S. Senator Rob Portman; later branded “The Secure 2.0 bill” which passed in December 2022. Bill introduced on Dec. 19, 2018.