Senate Bill 2992 Up for consideration before the 117th Congress this year is Senate Bill 2992 (S....
OVERVIEW & EXPERIENCE
Carly Boyd is a skilled domestic relations attorney who brings nearly a decade of experience to the firm’s Family Law practice group. Throughout the longevity of her career, Carly’s ability to listen acutely and strategize accordingly has brought her clients welcomed success.
As a child of divorce, Carly is able to empathize with her clients and bring her own experience and knowledge into otherwise difficult and stressful situations. Knowing first-hand what it’s like to navigate through the process of becoming a blended family, she takes the utmost precaution and care while assisting her clients through their divorces, separations, child custody and related matters.
Carly obtained a Bachelor of Science degree in Broadcast Journalism from the University of Illinois and later earned her Juris Doctorate from Case Western University School of Law. Carly credits her studies in journalism with her ability to synthesize ideas, communicate clearly and quickly get to the heart of the issue – all skills that are critical in the legal landscape.
Outside of the office, Carly enjoys spending time with her dog, Clancy. The two of them can often be found exploring the trails in the Cleveland Metroparks or socializing at local dog-friendly venues. Additionally, she is an unwavering LGBTQ+ ally and a former member of PFLAG. Carly is both an avid runner and swimmer and has competed in several Northeast Ohio Triathlons; she thanks her competitive nature for her success both inside and outside of the courtroom.
AWARDS & PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Medina Bar Association
- Center for Principled Family Advocacy
BAR / COURT ADMISSIONS
- Providence House, 2020 – Present
- Associate Board Member
- Cleveland Professional 20/30 Club
- Secretary, 2017 – 2020
- General Counsel 2020 – 2022
- Alpha Gamma Delta, Case Western Reserve University
- Chapter Wellness Advisor, 2019 – Present
PRESENTATIONS & PUBLICATIONS
- University of Illinois, Urbana – Champaign
- B.S., Broadcast Journalism, 2011
- Case West University, School of Law, J.D., 2014
- Law, Technology & Arts Concentration