KJK’s Partner Jim L. Lane will be speaking at National Business Institute’s upcoming two-day seminar, Family Law From Start to Finish.
In this insightful two-day program, seasoned faculty will provide you with procedural guidance, how-to’s, sample forms, and best practices so you can build a strong starting point or receive a practical refresher for an existing practice. You will also learn how to navigate special, hot-button issues such as the growing impact of social media in litigation and how to properly tackle frustrating support/income issues. Don’t miss this opportunity to gain foundational knowledge and strategies that are critical to family law success.
- Confidently guide your clients through decision-making processes by understanding all options, benefits and potential drawbacks.
- Understand the essential mechanics of marital property valuation and division.
- Navigate complex tax returns to uncover a wealth of financial information.
- Find out how to divide qualified retirement plans, nonqualified plans and state workers’ retirement accounts.
- Determine what can and cannot be used in child support calculations or offset child support obligations.
- Explore key tax pitfalls and opportunities of divorce.
- Analyze social media’s evolutionary impact on divorce litigation.
- Discover how to properly handle contempt and enforcement issues like child support enforcement.
- Get straightforward guidance on drafting key family law documents, including prenups, parenting plans and final orders.