We are pleased to announce that KJK will receive a 2010 Ohio Women’s Bar Association Family Friendly Award Honorable Mention at the OWBA Annual Meeting Awards Ceremony luncheon on May 12th! The Family Friendly Award honors legal employers who have created an environment flexible to employees with family commitments and other responsibilities. KJK is proud to be committed to a work-life balance.
“OWBA is at the forefront of a profession-wide effort to promote meaningful alternative work arrangements in both private and public practice. Established in 2003, the Family Friendly Award honors those legal employers in Ohio who best exemplify the commitment to work-life balance arrangements, and assures that lawyers can take care of their families and still pursue a successful career.”
“The Ohio Women’s Bar Association (OWBA) was formed in 1991 in order to build a community of lawyers who are interested in the issues that uniquely affect women.
What the OWBA does for the legal community:
- Fosters communication among women attorneys
- Helps advance the position of women attorneys
- Promotes opportunities available to women attorneys in order to accurately reflect the role of women in a democratic society
- Ensures the participation of women attorneys in bar associations
- Encourages women to participate in social and political areas that affect the community
- Monitors legislation, policies and practices affecting the status of women and opportunities available to women
- Coordinates continuing legal education in areas of current interest to the legal profession
- Creates networking opportunities to meet prominent individuals and colleagues at programs and meetings
- Provides a significant support group, lifelong friendships and valuable professional contacts”