This article was originally published by Security Boulevard (https://securityboulevard.com/2023/01/cyberinsurance-predictions-for-2023/). It is difficult to predict with certainty what the top trends in cyberinsurance will be in 2023, as the field is constantly...
OVERVIEW & EXPERIENCE
Andrea Arnold is a skilled and dedicated associate who supports KJK’s Labor & Employment and Litigation & Arbitration practice groups. An experienced litigator, Andrea has attained success in protecting and defending businesses and employers in the labor and employment sector of the law.
Andrea is well-versed in all aspects of the employment relationship and counsels her clients on a wide range of employment matters, including employee investigations and training. Additionally, Andrea is experienced with defending employers’ claims in both state and federal courts across the United States. She has represented employers in front of state and federal agencies, including the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the National Labor Relations Board, the Ohio Civil Rights Commission and similar state agencies. During this process, Andrea has communicated extensively with judges, client representatives, opposing counsel, co-counsel and investigators from various agencies.
Andrea holds a dual Bachelor of Arts degree in Criminal Justice and Sociology with a minor in Biological Sciences from Western Michigan University. Subsequently, she earned her Juris Doctorate from Case Western Reserve University School of Law. While in law school, Andrea was an Associate and Senior Editor for CWRU School of Law’s Journal of International Law. In addition, Andrea served as the Symposium Editor, acting as the student-liaison tasked with communicating with approximately 10 authors, Associate and Senior Editors, and CWRU School of Law’s Co-Dean, Michael Scharf, to put on a successful symposium, titled International Law and Policy in the Age of Trump.
In college, Andrea received a full-athletic track and field scholarship. During Andrea’s collegiate track and field career, she received numerous accolades, including being a Division I Second Team All-American honoree as a result of her 4×4 relay team finishing 14th in the nation.
As a Cleveland native, Andrea is an avid Cleveland sports fan and enjoys attending local sporting events and cheering on the Browns, Cavaliers and Guardians.
- Obtained numerous favorable determinations from the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and the Ohio Civil Rights Commission in response to charges of discrimination, including sex, age, disability, race and religion, filed against clients by various employees.
- Obtained dismissal for an employer on all claims brought by a former employee, including Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) overtime violations and Ohio overtime violations.
- Obtained dismissal for an employer on Ohio unlawful retaliation claim brought by former employee.
- Represented employers in defense of charges before the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB).
AWARDS & PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Norman S. Minor Bar Association
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association, Northern District of Ohio
- Ohio State Bar Association
BAR / COURT ADMISSIONS
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- CWRU School of Law Mentoring Program, 2022-current
- Federal Bar Association Diversity & Inclusion Committee, 2021-current
- Girls on the Run Northeast, Ohio, 2021
- Adaptive Recreation Program, 2016-2019
PRESENTATIONS & PUBLICATIONS
- Handling Employment Issues in M&A Transactions, NBI CLE Seminar, Nov. 18, 2021