At KJK, our lawyers and clients rely on our professional staff for information, technical assistance, and support. We not only understand the valuable role that staff plays in our firm but actively and intentionally encourage their participation and ideas. As it takes a tremendous amount of coordination and communication to function in today’s legal environment, KJK believes that every member of the firm contributes to our success. We value initiative, creativity, hard work, teamwork, and the collegial, professional relationships they produce. We know how to turn your experiences, goals, determination and attitude into a successful career. In addition to the current opportunities, KJK is always seeking qualified and experienced candidates who would fit our long term strategic plan and atmosphere. Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com at any time to inquire about the possibility of joining the KJK team.
KJK is looking for an Economic Development Analyst to join the firm’s Economic Development group. The Economic Development Analyst will have the ability to work with an enthusiastic team on some of the most exciting real estate development projects in Ohio, as well as out of state. The position will be responsible for providing technical assistance, collecting economic intelligence, conducting research and assisting the Economic Development Team with all site selection and real estate development strategies, including the procurement of federal, state and local tax credits and incentives.
The position will support the Economic Development Practice Chair and Group in:
- Advising client companies on location feasibility, which includes summarizing potential risks, challenges and opportunities based on modeling, experience and other data collected;
- Completing cost modeling exercises to compare selected sites from an economic standpoint including applicable state and local taxes, utility costs, construction costs, labor costs and other defined drivers as defined by the client;
- Completing cost and feasibility modeling exercises specific to the development of redevelopment of real estate, including pro forma preparation;
- Identifying, calculating, negotiating and securing local, state and federal incentives on behalf of clients, including preparation of project presentation materials, completion of applications, and management of public approval, contracting and reimbursement/incentive realization process;
- Providing support to the Practice Chair with project management services including managing project data base and compliance CRM; and
- Scheduling and participating in site selection and project presentation visits with clients.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Demonstrated familiarity with one or more key areas of economic development such as tax, real estate, workforce and/or public finance and incentives;
- Experience working in CRM systems such as Salesforce;
- Ability to analyze data, produce and summarize reports;
- Strong organizational, written and interpersonal communications skills (must be comfortable developing presentations and presenting to project stakeholders);
- Demonstrated ability to work well in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment with minimal supervision.
- College degree required, with a preference for degrees in Real Estate, Business, Finance, Economics, City planning or related field.
- Prior economic development training and/or real estate, finance or tax experience, with a desired minimum of 2 years’ experience in economic development or related field.
Please submit resume and cover letter to Jeanne Gombeda, Chief Operating Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kohrman Jackson & Krantz is an equal opportunity employer.
KJK does not currently accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or headhunters.